Sunday 19 April 2009

9/04/09 - Required Improvements and Last Minute Changes

On the final day of school before the half-term, I had to leave early in order to catch my lift home, so I left the exporting of the final cut to one member of my group. However, unknown by me, they were unable to do so.

My teacher therefore contacted me to ask about the final-cut, and I was asked to go i today to do some last-minute editing and then hand it to him. After watching how I left it on the final day, it was evident that further changes were needed, and a lot of time needed to be shed off in order to meet the 2 minute requirement. Firstly, I began trimming down the lengths of shots, as well as re-ordering them so the flow of narrative became much more tense and engaging. Shortly after, I was joined by the other members of my group - so with their input, we made any agreed changes and then began on the titles. Our teacher had advised us that the titles shouldn't always appear in the same place, so we took this advice on board and changed the location of each title over the footage, and also added more in to make our opening seem more realistic.

After a solid few hours of editing, our final-cut was complete to the standard we were all happy with. So we handed the final piece to our teacher so he could mark it and give us some feedback to include in our evaluation.

0 comments: