Monday 16 February 2009

Que the Music

For our Thriller opening, we decided upon the song 'Sinnerman' by Nina Simone. The other members of my group weren't familiar with the song, but as I played it to them we all agreed that it worked very well.
However, to be able to use this song in our Thriller opening we first need to gain the permisson of the distribution label that own the copyrights to the song - Decca and Phillips Classics. I took sole responsibility to directly contact the label to try and get the permission we needed.

I e-mailed them through the link on their website with the hope that they'd be able to get back to me as soon as possible, but unfortunately I am still waiting for a response. We have no choice no but to wait and see if they reply. If not, the hunt for a new song begins.

Inspiration
Our teacher, Mr Michie, told us of a film that also uses 'Sinnerman' in a chase scene not too different from our idea. We decided to find the clip and use if for inspiration.


0 comments: